We're inspired by the Energy Medallion this week! Wear it to inspire that extra boost you need to get through the day.
I am..... so slow in the mornings. It takes forever to drag my body out of bed, and the thought of preparing a big breakfast to energize my day just makes me want to go back to sleep. Luckily, I stumbled across this quick and easy muffin recipe at Chef Savvy that I baked on the weekend, and each morning I just grab one and go! It tastes exactly like delicious banana bread, with the chocolate adding an extra sweetness.
BANANA CHOCOLATE OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined!
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Try not to eat the batter.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.
- Eat and feel good about yourself!!!
Until next time!
- Fraser (Communications Coordinator at WLD)