Energize Your Day! Try This Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Muffin Recipe
We're inspired by the Energy Medallion this week! Wear it to inspire that extra boost you need to get through the day.
I am..... so slow in the mornings. It takes forever to drag my body out of bed, and the thought of preparing a big breakfast to energize my day just makes me want to go back to sleep. Luckily, I stumbled across this quick and easy muffin recipe at Chef Savvy that I baked on the weekend, and each morning I just grab one and go! It tastes exactly like delicious banana bread, with the chocolate adding an extra sweetness.
BANANA CHOCOLATE OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined!
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Try not to eat the batter.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.
- Eat and feel good about yourself!!!
Until next time!
- Fraser (Communications Coordinator at WLD)